Red Bruise On Ankel & Up My Leg.......11 weeks pregnant!

I am 11 weeks pregnant and for the second time in my pregnancy i have this red bruise on my ankle that works it's way up my leg. I don't bump into anything and it appears while im sleeping at night. The first time it appeared over night and then went away. This time i've had it for almost 2 days. It almost looks like im bleeding under my skin. It's not a normal black and blue this is red...and it doesnt fade when i press on it. It's not circular either, it looks more like a road map extending from my ankle to about 3 inches past it. I dont know if my blood platelet's are low or if my blood is thinning. But i do know this never happened till i was pregnant. When i was at my 8 week appt my dr said my blood looked fine so im not sure what is going on. I have the pictures on my page so please feel free to take a look at them...thank you so much...if you have any ideas as to what this would be it would be great! Thank you!

tanyaanthony

Asked by tanyaanthony at 9:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Health

• wow! ive heard of this. but cant remember what it is called. if it is road mapping up you leg, get into the doc asap. it is a pregnancy cmplication. sorry i dont know more, but this is serious
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2010