Can anyone share a positive experience that they have had with a supervisor, a manager or boss? I need it for a project! Please share!

Something uplifting. Inspirational. Something that just meant a lot to you or made your job better.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hello again, well I had a bo33 that I really liked. He alway3 had a po33itve attitude and if you had trouble with 3omething in3tead of putting you down and making you even more fru3trated, he took the time to talk to you about it and work it out with you, and he wa3 alwa3y giving po33itve renforcement.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I had a really great boss while I was working as a bartender. He wasn't a good boss in the way that you'd think with tons of compliments or anything like that. He was a good boss in the fact that he took care of business. He got the job done. He took what his employees suggested seriously. When you actually did a good job, he let you know. But if you messed up, he didn't just blow it off. He made sure you were going to learn from your mistake. He was the kind of boss you knew you could count on and wouldn't leave you hanging. When I had to leave this summer to go back for my brother's funeral, he called me during the trip to see how everything was going and told me to take whatever time I needed. When I got back, he asked if I was sure I was ready to come back to work and told me that if at any time I needed to talk or to get out, just to let him know. That's a good boss.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 9:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I had a lot of personal issues with my aunt working at the same company as me. It got so bad that my aunt told me to resign. So when I went to hand in my resignation, my boss asked me if someone told me to resign. I said yes. My boss then told me if I did that I wouldl regret that decision for the rest of my life. I then did not resign . Thanks to my boss, I worked at the company for 7 more years.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I had a great boss when I was working in college (in one of the school's cafeterias). He looked out for us all. The memory that stands out the most was this one year when there was this flu epidemic in town. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, got sick. I worked 3 weeks straight without a day off with the flu because we were so short handed. Finally I got the really bad strain (there were 7 strains going around) and still came into work, not realizing how sick I was. I served breakfast and sat down before lunch and fell asleep at the table. My other manager (a jerk) asked if wanted to go home which I did but I was too tired and weak to walk. My good boss walked in, took one look at me and told me to get my coat. He drove me home and made sure I was okay. Lucky he did because I passed out in my bed moments later and didn't wake for like 10 hours. I would have never made it all the way home (walking) without him.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I was doing internship (as a sign language interpreter) in an elementary setting and while all of my mentors were wonderful they knew what was going on and what the normal mistakes are and all that too. They remembered being an intern and stuff and so while they held me to high standards they were also soft on me when it came to critizism and they were expected to educate me and stuff. The principle on the otherhand wasn't. He had very little "inside" knowledge about what I do. He was amazing! He knew my name the day after I introduced myself. The first time I interpreted an assembly (imagine standing in front of an ENTIRE school alone and interpreting into your second language and trying to make it just as fun and exciting for the kids ~ it was stressful). He came up to me afterwards clapped me on the back and said something along the lines of, "That was awesome! Good work!" cont...
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 6:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I knew that he had NO IDEA if what I had done was good or accurate but he had complete faith in my ability to do it and assumed that I had done it well! It gave me a huge ego bump in my skill which made me that much more confident and comfortable and therefore a better interpreter!
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 6:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010