smoking

I havent had a cig since sat - only had 3 sat

Sun wasnt too too bad , mon was bad, tues was bad, wed and thurs were better today was bad - when oh when the hell will this get easyer before I loose my freaking mind???
Seriously

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• well i never quit smoking (never started actually lol) but i did quit drinking and i just quit cold turkey too. it was so bad in the beginning but then it got easier as time went by. if you can it helps to stay away from people who smoke (i had to stay far away from people that drink). it's much easier without that temptation. gl and congrats! :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• When my hubby quit it took him about three weeks to be fully okay. Everyone is different, I never smoked by I know it must be hard. Congratulations on quitting!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• The important thing is to take it day by day. You're doing great, I know is really stinks sometimes. Try taking a break and having a hot cup of tea when you think you can't take it anymore. Just taking a break like that does help. I remember when I quit, at some point I realized that an entire day had gone by and I hadn't even THOUGHT about smoking, that was a huge mile stone. Then every once in a while I'd have a dream that I was smoking and I'd be so mad because I thought I screwed it all up and I'd wake up relieved that it was all a dream!

It will get better, just keep on doing what you're doing.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• YOU CAN DO IT! I did it when I found out I was pregnant, I know it's hard, but you CAN! For me it took about 2 weeks for the cravings to fully stop.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Chewing lots of gum and sucking on lifesavers helped me. I made sure I never ran out, skittles, tic tacs, variety of flavors of gum. It'll get easier before you know it, then you'll look back on smoking and think "that was so stupid and gross, I can't believe I did that."
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2010