i am so pissed about the sofa we bought!

we bought this sectional at american signature furniture. Its leather/polyurethane(sp?) its only 20% actual leather i believe. anyways, the sales person told us that it was good quality and just as good as leather and that with the waranty that if anything, ANYTHING happend it would be covered. We specifically asked about scratches from animals and he said that yes it would be covered. Well they gave us 7 days to decide if we wanted it and if not we could return it. Its been 14 days and there are scratches from our cats on it. I was reading the waranty and it says that it does NOT cover scratches from pets. What would you do? I am so mad right now. I've just now noticed these scratches. If i wouldve noticed 7 days ago i wouldve returned it or traded it. What can i do about this though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• It was nice until your cat got to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• get rid of your cats!
    Anonymous

• oh believe me i would
    Anonymous

• they are declawed. Its their back claws when they jump up on the sofa just nicking the sofa. theres little nics all over the sofa. You can tell its cheap material
    Anonymous

• nothing you can do - and I would have never believed that a warrenty covered dmage from your animals, that just doesnt make sence, but if the sales guy told you that then I would bring it up with his manager
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I was looking at a couch at the same store. Got the same spiel. Then I looked them up on the net and they had horrible reviews. I ended up not making the purchase.

Call them up and see what your options are, if any.
    Anonymous

• my dh says if they don't give us atleast a fair trade (something good quality) then we will go to the news with it. The sales person really cheated us. We went to buy something nice, not junk
    Anonymous

• Ummm thats why you read the warranty BEFORE your 14 days are up. We bought real leather furniture a year before we got 2 new cats, one a kitten. Cats have claws and they will scratch up your furniture. The kitten would fly around the house and over the ottoman. It was all scratched up within a week. Oh well, I knew cats and leather didn't mix. Luckily they never got on the couch so now we just put a blanket over the ottoman. I'll buy new furniture in a couple of years. lol
    Really you should have expected it. Cats and leather or even vinyl don't mix.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• well we wouldnt have even bought the warranty in that matter. The sales person told us that it would be covered for pet scratches and he lied. that was the only thing we were concerned about. it don't matter when ever we get some really nasty scratches i'll just take a knife and jab a big whole in the furniture then it will be fully covered. I guess i'm making a big deal over nothing.
    Anonymous

• Contact the state's attorney's office, or consumer protection office; see if you have any legal recourse.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2010