PLEASE HElp

i have a 2 year old he will be 3 in november i need help potty training dont now how to start or anything like do i need to wait intil he is ready because sometimes he tells me he has to go and i sit him on the potty and nothing and other times he dont tell me at all what to do and one more thing he is in day care and afaird of the potty at daycare so what to do PLEASE HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Forcing a child to potty train doesn't work. You need to wait until he is ready. Sometimes, that's not until they're three or even four. I've heard it usually takes longer for boys, too.
    Anonymous

• First I'd find out why he is afraid of the potty at daycare. That's probably why he won't potty at home. Personally, I'm all for waiting until they are ready but usually in daycare it's easier bc they see the other kids doing it. Something has to be happening at potty time at daycare. So it's them, not him. Find out what's up

Answer by admckenzie at 10:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If he'll be 3 in November, He just turned 2. Maybe he isn't ready. If he's not being consistent, wait until 2-1/2 or 3. If the day care if pushing it, ask them why he's afraid of the potty.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:03 AM on Feb. 27, 2010