If parents say, "Never take candy from strangers" then why do we celebrate Halloween?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• because we are ass backwards
    lol

but seriously - gotget dont take candy, dont talk to strangers period.
    trick or treating we are with our kids, and I go through th candy and throw out anything that does not look perfectly packagedor looks possibly tampered with
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Most parents check their kids candy before they allow them to eat it. Also, back in the day kidnappers would use candy as a way to bait children into following them. Thats where that little line comes from.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i don't celebrate halloween, so i guess i'm good lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• is there a jokebook that some of today's questions are coming from?

cuz most often moms are with kids and choose which candies for kids to eat while out and we go through candy when we get home. at least I did!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• you just figured that one out? halloween was months ago!
    Anonymous

• Ugh, don't remind me. I dread Halloween, I don't think there is any reason for celebrating Halloween at all. If it weren't for my children feeling like they are missing out if they don't go out trick-or-treating, we wouldn't celebrate it.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Hah! Good question!
    Anonymous

• I don't equate a fun childhood tradition, which is made safe as long as an ADULT is with you and checking the candy, as equal to a strange person coming up to your child for NO REASON, and offering them candy.

Trick or Treating is actually a great opportunity to give a HELLO to most of the people in your neighborhood. I ENJOY it.

Anonymous

• Ithink they mean if a stranger wants you to get in his car with the promise of some candy...then THAT is when you don't take candy from a stranger!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I celebrate SAMHAIN and we still took candy from the kids school. they did trunk or treat.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 10:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2010