Are you done having children?

My Husband thinks I am crazy for wanting another one. We just had our 3. child. Finally a boy. After each child I was like heck no. Not doing it again. After DS I thought I would be done, but my heart tells me different. I know we can't afford right now and I don't know what the future holds.If I am ask If I would like to have more I always answer truthfully "yes I would like one more" even though It might not be. So, don't think about financials, space or just sanity. Just from your heart. ARE YOU DONE?

Mamivon3

Asked by Mamivon3 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, after three cause I knew that consideiring how much I love children that if I didn't stop then and be most responsible to my kids and husband, that I'd want more and more cause I love to be involved with kids growing.

I just threw myself into doing great things with each of my kids at different ages of each of their lives. They all now in their twenties and teens, 3 kids, and I'm still having a blast watching them in adulthood. I do not regret having just 3 kids. I had my tubes tied during my section for my youngest.

op, is it babies that intrigues you and keeps you going? How old are your kids now?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I'm not sure. We only have 1 and everyone has been pressuring us to have another one. We both do want another and don't at the same time. I have an IUD, so it's not like fate will decide for me. We have to actually make the decision to have it removed.................so at this point, I am really not sure what the future holds.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I'm due with #4 next month and I'm not done. I want 5 kids. Ask me this in about a month, I might answer differently. LOL
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I would have gladly had another after my third but my husband didn't want another. I loved being pregnant and raising my kids. I'm 48 now and I'd still be happy if I turned up pg.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• YES! I will give birth to my second child in about 3 months. I do';t enjoy pregnancy enough to ever go through it again. I have my girl and am getting my boy. We're ALL GOOD here.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Heck yeah I'm done. After my 4th was born I was diagnosed with a major heart problem and told not to have any more. Oopsies happen, and we had one more - and I was told in no uncertain terms could my body/heart handle that again, I was lucky that one didn't kill me. So yes, I'm most definitely done having kids - and now that my baby is almost 3 I have got the most God-awful baby fever! I would kill for another baby, even though we're finally getting out of the baby stages ("baby" is almost potty trained, sippy cups are gone, everything :'(.) But I'm done.
    Anonymous

• My kids are age 9, 5 and almost 5 month. I grew up with 3 siblings and my mom was asking me at some point If I would like to have another sister or brother. But 5th child never happened.

is it babies that intrigues you and keeps you going? I am so sorry..what does that mean? (I am german)

I do have a selfish thinking in having another one. I Love being pregnant. It's just so amazing. Feel the baby move. I would try to do different things at birth (like speaking up for myself). Would try to EBF (now I know). BUt it's not all that.Those little munchkins just make your heart melt away. Like today I put my DS in the High chair I just bought today and he just started to giggle out of the blue. He see's me he smiles and coo's. I get close to him so he can touch my face. It's just so amazing. That's just what my heart says. My mind tries to see that we might be done.....

so it is in our genes to long for more?
    Mamivon3

Answer by Mamivon3 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I am so very done! YES!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My husband tells me all the time that he doesn't want another one but we only have our son and the mommy clock inside me keeps telling me that I really want another one. LOL I love my son, but some days I think I am absolutely crazy to think I want another baby but I really do! :) Hoping for a girl next!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Absolutely done. We just had our second 2 weeks ago. I love them both, and i want to get the next part of all of our lives started. We want to vacation with the kids and experience everything the world has. I also HATE pregnancy... never doing that again. Husband is getting snipped within the year. No more!
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 12:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2010