Why do SAHMs put their child on the school bus?

Not trying to bash...REALLY.

I just always thought this was odd. I have a few friends that are SAHMs. Some have younger kids at home, some don't but almost all of them put their kids on the school to bus to go to school.

I guess I don't understand why they don't just take them to school themselves. Especially the ones who don't have younger kids at home.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe they have younger children they don't want to drag into the car for a trip to school. The bus is THERE and ready to take the child off to school. If I were a SAH I'd have my DD take the bus too. My mom always had me take the bus, and she was home. I also LIKED the bus. I rode with FRIENDS.
    Anonymous

• To save on gas money? Because they want to? Because they have younger kids at home and it is a pain to bundle them all up and put them all in carseats? Because their kids like the bus? Because it is better for the environment to carpool?

Really why do you care?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Becau3e it'3 much ea3yier to walk you're kid to the 3chool bu3 than to get all the little kid3 up and in the car. Why wa3te ga3 when the bu3 already come3 to your hou3e?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I'm a SAHM and I drive my child to and from school everyday.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I also have 2 little ones and I'm 8 months preg.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My son goes to private school and part of his tuition goes towards a transportation fund for his being bused to school. So it just makes sense that he would ride the bus and I wouldn't want to pay twice (for gas as well) to get him there. Besides, it's also in the next town and I do have 2 younger children that I would have to take along with me.
    Anonymous

• Well, in our case, it was because my mom needed to save gas to get to her job, clear across town, and the bus helped by taking us to school. Not to mention we lived outside town and it was a very long drive, hence a lot of gas between our schools and mom's work. Maybe everyone does what they need to for their family and maybe it's no one else's business. Not to bash though.
    Anonymous

• Seems kind of lazy to me.

23
    Anonymous

• Because that is what the bus is for?

Statistically it is much safer to ride on the school bus.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• well we only have one car and the hubby takes the car to work plus i do not drive at all. the school is too far to walk to otherwise that could be an option also but if i did have a car to drive and also drove, i probably still wouldnt want to drive my children to school, the morning is kinda "me" time and so i like to have my 3 year old sleep in while im awake instead of waking him to take him to drop the kids off and bugging me all morning long. he's a good kid though but i do love my mornings and watching the sun rise
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2010