Possible Rash on Four Year Old's Face?

My four year old has these very tiny flesh colored bumps on his left cheek(and only his left cheek). They are in a couple small clusters on his cheek and in some areas the skin seems pretty dry. They are not red and he says they are not itchy. He's had them since last weekend and they haven't spread, and he hasn't shown any other signs of sickness.
It seems like my son is constantly having skin issues with his face(even when he was a baby) so I wasn't worried at first. But I expected for them to go away before now. I'm planning on calling his doctor Monday morning but in the meantime does anyone know what these might be?

Edit: Also we have not introduced anything new into his diet, or any new detergents, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Health

• If the doc doesn't know what it is, they will say contact dermatitis, bet on it. It could be dry skin. With it being so cold, and windy, if it's windy where you are. You can try a good moisturizer over the weekend. If that doesn't help, or makes it worse, then of course stop. But since nothing new has been added, and it doesn't itch, changes are it's from the cold, and the dry. So try the good moisturizer. Like Eucerine.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i bet its from dry sin. put some vaseline or aquaphor on it at night.
    Anonymous

• He may have a food allergy or sensitivity.

Please don't put petroleum products on a child's skin; use coconut or olive oil.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2010