Any one experience this or something simular

Did any of you feel sad somedays after the baby was born?

Yesterday i went to buy a breast pump, and it didnt come with the pump just the things to attach to your breast.

My bfs mother is sooo obsessed with my baby girl its driving me nuts! Today i put her down to sleep(my baby) and she comes in and picks her up and wakes her up, then when i got her back to sleep she said she needed to be changed and woke her up,(15 mins later after she woke her up the first time) she tells everyone this is her baby not mine! she asked dumb questions like "did hailey ask for grandma today?" "why is she sleeping lets wake her up" I cant take it anymore! She is so overly obsessed with her. Before work at 5am when she leaves she checks the baby. After work she checks the baby. She doesnt watch her head and hold it when she goes to pick her up. we always tell her to watche her head and hold it and she says i have it dont worry. and she doesnt. s

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know what you need to do. Tell her to back the f*ck off.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Didn't anyone ever tell her, "Let sleeping babies sleep!?" My mom has done that to me before...only stopping by for a few minutes, I can't stay long, gotta see the baby, then leaves me with a cranky wide awake baby. You should tell her that this is your baby and she needs to back off, maybe not quite in those words though.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I feel sorry for you. Sit her down and explain that YOU are the mother and YOU are the one that decides if she should wake up or not. Explain that this is new for you and you feel like she is overstepping her (your) boundaries. Set the rules now because if you let her continue to do this, she will always try and run your life. If you can't get thru to her, tell your boyfriend that he has to explain this to her out of respect for you. Want me to call her??? Just kidding... Hope it gets better.
    wanttoadopt0707

Answer by wanttoadopt0707 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• well 1) dont live with her 2) tell her to please let her sleep if shes sleeping and 3) realize that hen she says stuff "did hailey ask for grandma?"... it may bug the hell out of you. but it is only out of love.

ive been there. i understand how annoying that stuff is. my mother in law would always tell me to do things different, and my own mom would say things like "did mommy do this or that with you, like i did". like they are better! drove me nuts! but i just had to remind myself that it is only out of love and wanting the best.
    Anonymous

• Tell her to leave the baby alone my goodness..
    tagansmybaby

Answer by tagansmybaby at 12:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I do know how this feels. My mother-in-law did this to me as well. It really did drive me nuts. But I was still recovering from a c-section and I didn't have the energy to fight. Your MIL really does mean well. I think you should have a bit of a talk with her, and tell her that she needs her rest. Also not to pick her up while she is sleeping, because then she will get used to that as she grows older and you won't be able to break her out of it. You might try to talk to the father about this as well, so that he might be able to talk to his mother, that way it won't seem as if it is a personal attack. Good luck to you!
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 12:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Her son needs to tell her to back off. You need to install a lock on your door.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2010