Mirena IUD removal

HI I had my Mirena removed on Feb.2nd.And 2 days later i had bleeding that lasted for about a week,It seemed just like a period,but it seemed to trinkle off throughout each day eventually.Has anyone experienced this before and do you know if its a period or if its just from the removal?Im TTC baby # 2,but the whole time with mirena i only spotted randomly sometimes not even monthly.Any advise would be extreamly appreciated.

mrs.autry21

Asked by mrs.autry21 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had mine removed in June 2009, not ttc but just not needing birth control since hubby had a vasectomy! With my mirena in I never had a period just random spotting. When I got it removed I had the light bleeding for a day or two it took about 4-6 weeks to get back to a regular cycle! Good luck with baby #2 have fun trying!:o)
    kristie1029

Answer by kristie1029 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I had my mirena removed in January 2008 and I experienced the same thing but I bled longer. My doctor said it was normal to bleed like that after having an Iud removed. Some experience it while others don't. So don't worry.... I also had the same thing happen when I got my paragard removed in december 2009. We are also TTC #2....GL :)
    BlessednHappy

Answer by BlessednHappy at 12:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I just had mine removed about 2 weeks ago and i had bleeding for a week that was very heavy to the point i went to the ER cause i was scared something went wrong with the removel. but it didnt everthing was fine i just happends to start my period right after it was removed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2010