How do I get my son to aim correctly into the potty?

My son has been standing when he just has to pee, for over 3 months now. He has just recently been completely day potty trained after everyone working with him for 2 1/2 years. He will be 5 in May. When he stood up to go potty, he always had good aim. Suddenly he now has very poor aim. I hate the idea of having to clean so much every time. Please help! When he saw a floor drain in a public restroom with a single toilet, he went in the toilet but then wanted to pee into the drain, even though I explained that the floor drain is for extra water if there is a leak,flooding or to much water used when someone mopped the restroom floor. Then tonight I had to clean the floor again because he mostly aimed outside the toilet. I have tried a cheerio target before he went, he just plucked it out of the toilet and threw it away, despite my explaining why it was there earlier.

crystaljedi

Asked by crystaljedi at 11:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• since he's 5 and it sounds like he may be aiming out of the bowl I would have him clean it up! My DS tried a few times to pee around the rim he stopped real quick when he had to clean it!
    Anonymous

• Yep agree with the above answer that is what I have been doing with my four year old make him clean it up and they learn really quick
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• THROW SOME CHERIOS IN THE BOWL AND TELL HIM TO SINK THEM WORKS EVERY TIME
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did you not read the entire question??
    I agree with the making him clean it up. Worked great on my kids.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 10:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'm going with having him clean it as well. He will not like that one bit, and it will break the behavior.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2010