Am 2 months pregnant can I drink Red Bull?

Am just craving for a little bit of red bull(Energy Drink) and am wondering if I could drink some some advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes. its fine.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt drink that crap not pregnant, so would definitely ask your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I wouldn't. I know how draining the first trimester is, but that stuff is really not good for your body. The caffiene alone is not recommended for fetuses, and there's all kinds of other chemicals in there.
    kathy5980

Answer by kathy5980 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It's full of caffeine. Caffeine speeds up your heartrate. Your heart is already compromised because of the excess bloodflow from being pregnant. So it's going to make your heart work that much harder than the baby is already making it. So no, for the sake of your heart, don't do it.
    Anonymous

• No.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't. The caffeine crosses the placenta to your baby. It can have the same effects on your baby that it has on you...increased heart rate included. Red Bull also contains Taurine, which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that can sometimes act as a mild sedative. I would call your doctor and ask first.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• NO!!! OMG...Are trying to have a miscarriage???
    Anonymous

• lmfao.. sure go ahead. be stupid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• ignore the ignorant.

a little isn't gonna hurt. Don't go downing the whole can though! Raising your heart rate like energy drinks do is not good for the baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2010