NEED ADVICE ASAP

OKAY SO THIS MORNING I GOT A LETTER FORM THE OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL STATE OF TEXAS SAYING THAT MY CASE HAS BEEN TRANSFER TO ANOTHER OFFICE..UUJMMM I DIDNT FILE NO CHILDSUPPORT ON MY BABYS DAD BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT HIM TO SEE HIM AT ALL BECASUE HE WAS A BAD INFLUENCE HE SMOKES AND DRINKS WELL ANYWAYS IM GUESSING HE FILED IT ON HIMSELF IS THERE ANYWAY THAT I CAN TELL THEM THAT I DONT WANT HIM TO SEE MY SON BECAUSE HIS A BAD INFLUENCE..MY SONS DAD WOULD PUSH ME AND CALL ME NAMES EVERN CALL MY SON NAMES I NEVERED REPORTED THAT BECAUSE I WAS SCARED BUT I WOULD HOWEVER PROTECT MY SON..I NEED HELP AS SOON A POSSIBLE THE GIRLL THAT MY BABYS DAD IS WITH NOW DRINKS ALL THE TIME AND I KNOW FOR A FACT SMOKES TOO

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• You could file for full custody. If you won he wouldnt get to see his son and he would still have to pay child support. I would start looking into what it would take to gain full custody.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Does your baby's dad want to be in your son's life? Unless you have proof of abuse or neglect, unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do. You can let the court know those things, but if the dad wants to be in his life, they will give him a chance. I found all this out the hard way too. If he does drugs, you can tell that to the court and they will drug test him. I know what you're going through, it's the scariest thing to deal with because if you don't comply, even though you feel you shouldn't to protect your child, you could go to jail and he could end up with the child. In my situation, my ex refused to take the drug test and has not been a part of my child's life. You should get a lawyer if you do not already have one.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Is his name on the birth certificate? If he is then he is legally the father and has rights unless you go to court and have them taken away.
    If his name isn't on the birth certificate then I would just deny that he is the father and have nothing to do with him... unless he wants to prove he's the father and then pay child support... which it sounds like he's a dead beat and probably won't do anything.
    Anonymous

• DID YOU APPLY FOR ASSISTANCE FROM THE STATE, THE BABY DADDY WORKS AND THE STATE HAS THE RIGHT TO EXPECT CHILD SUPPORT TO EASE THE AMOUNT YOU WOULD GET IS PROBABLY WHAT HAPPENED. YOU PROBABLY HAVE A SOCIAL WORKER THAT YOU CAN CALL FOR ADVICE ON GETTING FULL CUSTODY OR LEGAL AID WHICH GOES BY YOUR INCOME. DON'T PANIC, ONCE YOU TALK TO A SOCIAL WORKER THEY CAN HELP GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Feb. 27, 2010