Random Drug Testing for Welfare

I saw this mentioned in another post. Are you for it or against it? And are you on welfare and currently a pot smoker?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Im not on wel fare.....im for it. I mean if you have nothing to hide why would you be bothered with it? I get the whole "they are attacking my personal space", and "its none of their business.". But you are using government assistance. So it is their game and its their rules. Drug testing people wont kill or hurt them, its not like it takes days and days to do, you pee in a cup and your done.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I am for it --- I am not a druggie and not on it ----- I am not a basher of people on welfare, I think if you need it, that is what it is there for......but I am also very anti-druggies ........ I think maybe this would help straighten things up and make alot of people kick the habit * hopefully*
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• also....not just for random drug testing...but I think you need tested, to even get on it ~
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I'm for it, not on welfare and not a pot smoker.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I don't see why drug testing should have anything to do with welfare... I mean thats saying people that have less income do drugs. think about it... people that need to be on welfare propably don't have the money to support a drug habbit. and no i am not on walfare.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I can really careless whatever floats there boat.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• You usually have to do it for a job, you should have to do it to get assistance. I also think that there should be an option for rehab though for those who fail and are addicts.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• people that need to be on welfare propably don't have the money to support a drug habbit. and no i am not on walfare.

And yet some how there are plenty of drug addicts on welfare. Hmm...They sell their foodstamps and use cash assistance to buy drugs. It's not rocket science.

Anonymous

• i read a really great journal from a lady on this site about this very topic. she is against it. i will try to find the link to this jornal and hope the ones saying they are for it will take a second thought. i am VERY anti-druggie. that is not the reason i am against it, until i read her journal i was for it. she says that her parents were druggies and had welfare, and withot foodstamps she and her siblings wouldve starved. and she mentions having cps take them away, but that woldve been worse because they were over the "adoptable cuteness" stage(tweens) and then she woldve been separated from her brother. i will look for this link.
    Anonymous

• I'm all for it. To anon: I've read her journal. I feel sorry that she would have rather been raised by her drug abusing, neglectful parents than have a shot a good childhood. I'm all for it because I don't enable drug abusers to milk the welfare system or abuse and neglect their children.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010