My son is about 19lbs. I need advice on a new rear facing car seat that can be transformed into a front facing car seat. Anyone have any great advice? I don't really want to spend more than $200 but I will listen to all feedback!

I heard Britax is top of the line, however, they are well over $200. Anyone have a great product that they (and mainly their little ones) just LOVE??!

Hunter817

Asked by Hunter817 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I heard about a safety first one that people really liked and was only around 100.00 Carseats are something you really don't wanna mess around with though.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• they have convertable carseats at walmart that are just as good as the high end stores. I bought one for $70.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Britax is higher in price, but when you think of it, your child will be in that car seat for quite a while, probably until they are three. If you can swing it, I would go with the Britax. All of our seats are by them and we have never had a problem with them. Good luck hun, I know that buying this kind of stuff is stressful. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I got a Cosco Alpha Omega Elite. It was about $150, and my 2.5 year old is still safely RF. He is almost at the height limit though so he will be turned FF very soon. My mom bought a similar carseat for use in her car, in fact it is also a Cosco with the same limits, etc, it is just not as "cushy" or "pretty", and it was $80. Walmart for the win.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 1:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• We have a Cosco Scenera. It rear faces up tp 35 and forward up to 40. You can get it at Walmart for about $50-$100. It has the five point harness etc with four (?) shoulder strap positions and two buckle positions. It is easy to use and DD likes it pretty well. She is running out of leg room RF, but she is almost 30 inches long, so that is not surprising.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 10:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Go for a Myride 65 by Graco, its about $150 you can get it at walmart, target and babies r us.

It can RF up to 40lbs and 47 inhes or so and then FF to 65lbs. JUST as good as a Britax but much cheaper. ALL the carseat techs recommend it. Easy to install easy to use and easy to find in store.

This seat should last your child til atleast 5-6 years old in the harness and by then all you would need is a cheap booster.

I recommend satying away fromt he 3 in 1 seats like the alpha omega and safety first 3 in1 because they don't RF very long in height, don't harness very long FFing in height even though most say 50lbs no kid makes it to that and then they make a CRAPPY booster.

Ask the car seat safety group for recommendations too.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2010