If you ever dated someone from a band...

do you still listen to their music, and if so, do you listen to it when your SO is around? I do, and I know my DH really doesn't mind, but I feel kind of weird about it. Then I get mad for feeling weird because it's just music, not like it's a song about me or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no but i eat there candy corns
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My SO is in a band, and sometimes I do feel weird if he "catches" me listening to their music. If he asks me to listen and critique of course that's different, but if I'm rocking out to it I get a little self-conscious. I don't know why. It makes sense that they'd take it as a compliment, if anything.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 12:52 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My ex was a lead singer in a band -- I stopped listening to his music a long time ago.. they arent like super famous but are pretty well known a couple years ago i was with DH and heard one of the songs on the radio and it was a song he *said* was written about me --- of course I had to tell my husband...who wouldnt be proud of that ! lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• if i had any copies of their music i would listen to it. they were awesome...the sounded like a cross between Metallica & Linkin Park (it sounds weird but it was so cool!) its been years since i dated a guy in a band, but they broke up about a year before i met DH so i dont think i woulda felt awkward. i dated the bass player, not the song writer so i know the songs werent about me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I dated a singer/song writer for a long time. He was totally self absorbed and narssasistic and so was his music, so no I don't listen to it anymore.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My SO is a bass player for the band he's currently in. I went to almost every show with them and love their music. SO and I would sit and listen to their CD (yes they have their album out that they did and I love it and also have it autographed by all 4 of them.) and crituqe what they had done. I have all their songs on my computer and both of my mp3 players. My SO knows that they're on there and that I listen to them. He loves it and loves when I can get other people into them as well. And I was their merch girl as soon as the CD's were finished so I had to find a way to sell them. :D
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 10:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2010