this is for the ladies with 8mos. old babies.

How much does your baby weigh? my baby is 8 mos. and weighs 17lbs. I feel like he's supposed to weigh more than that. Does that seem right, 17lbs for an 8 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my baby weighs alot bc he eats too much candy corn
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My daughter is 10 months now and just finally hit 20lbs, when she was 8 months she was 16.5 and they said she was small for her age but still in the healthy range. Her best friend is 11 months and weighs 27 pounds so I was worried too. He is a little small but is healthy =)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• my daughter is 15 months almost in a week and weighs 21lbs
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• well my daughters not quite to eight, shes a lil over seven months...but she is 16 lbs...so probably not to far off. i say as long as the dr. says he's ok, i'm sure he's fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My DD is 10months and is around 16 lbs at 8 months she was 14.5 lbs but she is bigger that my first DD who at 8months weighed in at 11lbs and by one year was 18lbs
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 12:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My kids were all under 20 lbs at 1 year, so 17 lbs at 8 months is fine. My 2nd weighed less than that at 1 year!

Answer by missanc at 2:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• It's normal for a 12 mo boy to weigh 17 pounds.

I would be concerned that 17 pounds at 8 months for a girl is too much. We know problems with overweight begin in infancy especially with formula babies. I would be careful to not overfeed, not give any juice, and be very careful about food choices.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2010