How do you know if a baby has Colic?

I have a 2 month old, she is always crying and fussy. The only time she does not cry is when shes sleeping and its very hard to get her into a good deep sleep.she even cries while she's being feed. Nothing ever seems to calm her down, she just cries herself to sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It very well may be colic. Do you breast feed or bottle feed? Have you tried peddling her legs against her belly while shes laying on her back, it really helps with gas
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• How long has this been going on? You may want to do some research on growth spurts. I had no idea, but when they go through growth spurts they tend to be really fussy for maybe a week. There are certain ages when they're likely to be hitting growth spurts, I don't remember what they all are, but it seemed like any time my son was extra fussy for a while it coincided with one of those typical growth spurt times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Hey, my sister's baby boy is the same age and has Colic, thought you could talk to her to see what exactly has worked for them!

Her CafeMom ID is: Kryss27 I'm sure she would love to help!
    knjones

Answer by knjones at 2:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• A lot of the time they go by 3's. If the baby cries for 3+ hours a day, at least 3 days a week, for at least 3 weeks, then they usually consider it colic. Another sign of colic is if it happens at the same time every day, or night. Say your LO gets fussy from 4pm-10pm every day, that would be another sign of colic.

Reflux is often misdiagnosed as colic, so I urge you to look up the symptoms of reflux, and get that ruled out first. My DS was diagnosed with colic at 1 month, at 2 months I could tell it was reflux, not colic, and FINALLY at 4 months I got my doctors to listen to me, and he was finally diagnosed with reflux.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My son was colic, it was awful. He would usually cry for long periods of time, nothing every soothed him. And he would usually get cranky at the same time every night! If you are formula feeding try changing that. Talk to your dr about it and see what they recommend. We switched our son to nutramigen and seen a difference immediately. Thank goodness!!! the other thing is to try laying her on a heating pad on low heat obviously covering the pad w/ a blanket. Put her on her belly and rub her back, that was one trick that we learned w/ our son. Good luck to you!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• they make gas drops to relieve the gas, ull love it! but if you take there legs and help them relieve it.. like rideing a bike with there legs it will calm there bellys down alot, it puts my daughter to sleep most of the time. if it get bad simalic has formula that is called simalac aluimnuim. its pricy but guanteed to work,. good luck. and Grip water is sold at babys r us&so are the gas drops.
    Anonymous