Lets give Obama props!

Well Obama HAS done something I can say I am proud of!
Don't you ladies agree?

President Obama signed a bill Wednesday granting the Congressional Gold Medal to a group of women most Americans have never heard of: the Women Airforce Service Pilots, or WASP.

These were the first women to fly military aircraft. During World War II, they volunteered for noncombat duty, as test pilots and trainers. They freed up their male counterparts to go to Europe and fight in the war.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106273051

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 1:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm a democrate and I have to ask "for what"? No, Obama in my opinion doesn't deserve props and will not have my vote coming election, even if it means I'm going for the independent or red.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Im one of those Americans that never heard of WASP. I cant believe he did something I like lol
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• What are you ignorant? Everyones heard of WASP and WAVES...seriously, I learned about them in 8th grade.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'm a democrate and I have to ask "for what"?
    ______
    For awarding these heroes an award they so dearly deserve! I don't agree with Obama on a lot of things but he did indeed do a great thing for these women. And when someone does something great I think it should be recognized.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

Every school is different. What are you ignorant? Everyone knows that you spell everyone's with an apostrophe and a "s'. You learn about that in second grade.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• WASP I've heard of and WAVES and WAX and I'm not married yet or in the military, but live in a mil town of Colorado Springs. With Fort Carson (ARMY) The Airforc Academy, Peterson and Shrievers AFBases...At least he did SOMETHING for our military...
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Oh boy, I was gonna answer this question, but I already see drama has started between some stupid ANON and some armywife whom BOTH have nothing better to do than to pick fights....Who cares armywife? I'm sure your grammar and spelling had needed help at times and I doubt you pulled a 4.0 because you wouldn't be at home picking little fights online. And ANON, you may have learned that but some of us haven't. Enough said, bitches are here are to much drama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Wow, calling someone "ignorant" because of the topic on hand and calling someone out for punctuations is NOT the same, let stay on topic ladies. Or should I go on to say it really shows that alot of army wives have nothing better to do than sit at home like they're known to do. We respect their husbands for what they've done and do, but that doesn't make you anything special, you're his wife, collecting BAH and tricare because of HIM...LMAO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Hey now, I live in Colorado Springs as mentioned, I know a lot of Army wives who do sit at home, many who work hard, many who make enough they don't need their husbands and many who cheat and some who are faithful. Please have some respect tho and don't call a women you don't even know out online and catagorize her, just because she's an "army wife". Okay, in the end you weren't "staying on topic" either. As neither am I, but I'm defending her, you needn't be so harsh
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• WOW okay....looks like it is PMS week here on CM lol. OP I think this is great and a long overdue, much deserved honor. I am glad to see that women are being recognized for that era.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2010