Why do people speak before they think?

I am a 25 year old woman with a seizure disorder. and yes due to the fact that seizure medications have a horrible side effect of gaining weight, I am over weight. I have had seizures now for approx. 8 years. Sometimes when I go into a store and i feel a seizure coming on ( feeling it is called an aura), I sometimes have to use the motorized cart to get around the store instead of getting half way in and having a seizure and getting taken out by EMT's or others trying to help. I can not tell you about all of the comments people make to me or about me loud enough for me to hear. I have had people curse me and other things. Why can people not see that riding on those carts is not only embarrassing enough without having people make comments? It really hurts my feelings sometimes. I just wish people would think before they speak sometimes! I had a seizure in a grocery store today and people just stared and it hurt really bad.

Ralphiesmom922

Asked by Ralphiesmom922 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Health

• because some people are just stupid and ignorant. I am sorry you get treated like that. It is horrible.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 3:09 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I am so sorry. People are sometimes just ignorant like Amelora said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• (((hugs))))) people are ignorant honey
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:20 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry this happens to you. People are ignorant like everyone else said. ((((hugs)))))
    scarlett0720

Answer by scarlett0720 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• stereotype. you are 25 so people think youre healthy. they think you are just goofing of on the cart. it is common for this kind of judgement. it is unfortunate that strangers cant keep thier thoughts to themselves. i think it has to do with how this generation is raised. we as parents need to teach our kids manners sio they dont turn into insensitive jerks.

im sorry you go throught this. I will think twice before criticizing a stranger. god bless
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• how do you drive then? People are just human and say things without thinking. They can bring themself to realize maybe yu do have a health condition because of your age. It must be awful to live with a seizure disorder and I wish you the best. I would wander if I saw you in a cart but I don't make comments I just think them!
    Anonymous

• Ignore them and laugh when they say anything loud enough for you to hear.. I just started having seizures this past year.. I've only had them while sleeping and I don't know what to look for before they come on. No one has ever mentioned it and it scares me being home alone with two children during the day.. I was lucky to have my husband home both times when I did have them since I stopped breathing with both, bit the tongue, the whole works.. One was while I was pregnant with my son this past August.. I don't know how it feels before it comes on.. Could you let me know?? My doctor has never said anything and I never even thought to ask.. Now you have me thinking..
    halleyquinn

Answer by halleyquinn at 6:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2010