Have you ever been so afraid to fail, that you didn't give something your all?

I want to be a cop. I will be one someday, and eventually work for the ICAC internet crimes against children task force....

I passed my NPOST test 2 years ago, and started working on obtaining my dream career. I let my great fear of failure stop me from trying my hardest. Afraid I couldn't meet physical req. or afraid my juvi record would make me, just afraid I wasn't good enough. Even though deep down I've always known I'm so good for it, I am good enough.

I've been running everyday now, to condition my body, and prep for the physical agility's test. I'm going to do it. I'm going to score high because i want it so bad, I'll give it my all....

QUESTION IS:

Have you ever been so afraid to fail, that you didn't give something your all? Share your story if you would like. It's nice to see how not alone I am.

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 3:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

•  Absolutely! If fact, I took Criminal Justice in college, and was so terrified to apply anywhere that the dream went right out the window. Now I also had a healthy fear of dying in the field, so listen to this, and this is twenty years ago but as I was sitting at a red light in my city, a funeral procession drove slowly by right in front of me. There were motorcycle cops and police cars in front and behind the hearse, it was huge. Come to find out, it was for the first female cop killed in the line of duty. Was it fate that I was right there? I don't know but I went back to college for another less deadly degree and for me, my life worked out great. Try to think of WHY your afraid of failure. Sometimes it's being afraid of SUCCESS that's really the problem. Good Luck.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I try for everything that I really want. You keep up your training and momma you will make your dreams come true. Keep yourself focus and you will do this. I always like to hear about people believing in there selves. GL you can do it....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• read Never Give Up by Joyce Meyer it is excellent to help you soar!
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 4:03 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Yeah I know it's a bigger failure to not try, and you'll miss 100% if you don't try... So it's odd how it's been my weakness. Somehow I'm gonna turn it into a strength. and use that as an answer to a common oral board question.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:23 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Before I had DS (who just turned 25) I wanted to go to college, I didn't think I was smart enough & my ex wasn't very supportive. I ended up being a SAHM most of my life. Nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't what I wanted for MY life. Fast forward to the spring of '05, ex comes home from Iraq, files for divorce. No notice, warning...nothing. So there I was with no job, no education other then high school and no $$. I got the house in the divorce, but that was it (long story on that one)
    I was very (very) lucky and met the 'upgraded' DH version and things are much better now. But I'll always regret not being able to have a life of my own, I felt like a maid to the ex & the kids, now I'm 47 w/ 2 stepboys that are 4 & 5. Hopefully I may still get a life of my own. I've always been too afraid to fail to even try for things.
    I hope this helps, so get out there hon, we're behind you!! Hugs
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2010