Do you think Private Schools are better than Public School?

Mrs.Draper989

Asked by Mrs.Draper989 at 5:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• some yes and some no - there are good private schools and crappy ones, like wise there are good public schools and crappy ones
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• That is like asking: do you think that Suburbs are better than Cities?
    My daughter spent two years in a Montessori-based private school; she was bored out of her mind and utterly obnoxious; when she was accepted at an academically advance public school, she blossomed in the rigorous, competitvie environment.

If you are in Chicago, send me a message offlist, and I will be happy to help you navigate the school system.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:06 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• It all depends on where you live. I live in Philadelphia and I wouldn't send my dog to some of the Public schools. lol But we have Charter schools and Magnet schools here which are excellent.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 7:42 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• It depends. In my area, the private schools are generally better than the public schools. The private school we have picked out is so worth the $4000 a year because the public school district we are in is horrible.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• not really better but different. I think it depends on the teachers they get , and what they teach the kids, for example . my daughter went to a private pre-school. she sang songs listened to stories, and and stringed up beads, and laced pictures of animals with a srting., and played with other kids. while my neighbor son went to a private pre-school as welland he bought home drawings (scibble scrabbles, ) and colored in pictures, And they werel earning their abc's . He bought home homework everyday learning about a letter, and numbers up to 10. Where my daughter never bought homework. home and had'nt learned anything about a letter or number. all she did was play in the "play kitchen" and with cardboard blocks with other kids. whereas if you asked my daughter what did you do in school today she wiould say nothing. and you ask this little boy what he did in school and he would tell you all he did. ;0
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I went to both. They were different; I wouldn't say one was "better" than the other. The private schools I went to were at least a year ahead of the public schools I went to curriculum-wise, but the public schools had some advantages too- like not being religious and offering a wide range of cultures and people to interact with. It really varies depending on where you are. There are private schools and public schools that I will not send my daughter to here if I get the choice; we live on a county line, so we have options in school district I think. There is one public school I don't mind, no private schools that I am comfortable with-they are all small and religious and don't offer the complete range of grades, so she would end up school hopping.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:42 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Yes, at least in Miami. My girls went to private schools all the way through 10th grade, then they decided they wanted to go to public and I said yes. The teachers in the school kept calling me and asking where they got their base education because they were academically ahead of everyone else. Public schools are too crowded to give individual attention.

Answer by older at 10:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Not hear in ND. The only Private schools are Religiousbased. So you can figure out the only difference there is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• In 2010 I would advise private in big cities. The gang infulence and the slut factor is off the charts. I am so shocked at how girls act in front of guys. Just so inappropriate. But catholic school is no joke either. You get better attention there not a better education. I just don't like the bs at public with the cliques and i know private has it too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2010