Question

Do anybody have 6 or more kids? How many bedroom do u have? I have 5 boys and 1 girl and I cannot afford a 5 bedroom house. I was wondering will four be enough with 3 beds in one room? There ages are 15,10,7,5,3,and my daughter will be 1 yr old next month. The 3 bedroom is really crowded so I will have to do something fast. I live in the city so I don't want to add on and plus no back yard.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 5:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i think the 15 year old can have his own room. the 10, 7, and 5 can share and i would divide one more room for 3 and 1 year old. half boy half girl....then a room for you.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:51 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• bunk beds could help save space for the 10 and 7 YO's. My kids used to share a room that was about 8 ft by 8 ft and they loved the bunk bed - plus I slid large plastic totes under the bunks for toy storage to save space - just the stuff they never really played with. Then every couple weeks I'd dig those out and swap them with the toybox stuff and my kids thought they had just gotten all new toys! silly kids.. :-)
    I strung curtains around the bottom bunk (for my older child) so he could have his "own space".
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• This how I would do it, split the kids per room I mean. The 15 and 10 year old would share a room. The 7,5,&3 would share a room. And your daughter would have her own room. I do not believe girls and boys should share rooms. Or put the two youngest in a room together tell they get a little older then put the boy in with the other boys. By then your oldest will be grown then you can change up the sleeping arrangement again.

Answer by louise2 at 6:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• That's a good idea ,but I need to know what kind of bed to get i do not want bunk beds if I can help it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Twin beds, for the 17 and 10 year olds room. One bund bed and a twin bed for the 7,5,and 3 year olds room. And a twin bed for the girl.

Answer by louise2 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Your best bet really is bunk beds. We had our 3 boys in one bedroom for a while. The twins were 10 at the time and had bunk beds....the youngest was 3 and had his own twin bed. Bunk beds save floor space so that dressers, desks, and play space are available. Either that or a trundle bed where the bed can be tucked under one.

Your 15 yr old does not need his own room. Eventually your daughter will need her own room. My boys all shared a room for about 3 years and then we did some remodeling our our daughter moved downstairs into the original master bedroom. And the 3 boys shared the 2 upstairs bedrooms with the jacknjill bathroom. It depended on the week on who was in what bedroom. They switched rooms all the time.
    The older 2 are now 20 - in college and the youngest is almost 13.

Good luck, honestly for floor space, look at either bunks or trundles. (Ikea has some great trundles)
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2010