First time mommy! planning n brestfeed what brand or type do u like best?

i went brest pump shopping and i had no clue on what to get manuel automatic. or even what brand. what was your favorite what was most confortable for u

Asked by julyo8mommy at 1:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you plan to pump all the time I would get an electric if not The Medlea Manual bump is AWESOME.. Most hospitals give them in the maternity ward..

Answer by emturner at 1:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Gerber hand pump massages your breast and it is #1 in my book but for the first 6 months i rented one i was so engorged that machine really made the difference for me
    good luck

Answer by ohmama713 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It is rather pricey, but out of all the pumps I used the absolute BEST was the Medela Pump-In-Style (it's automatic). It's the closest you can get to a hospital grade pump, and it's just so easy to use. New they're something like $225, but I got mine used for $100 and I was able to sell it for $80. If used pumps give you the heeby-jeebies you can always replace the tubing which is super cheap.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Also, the last post about replacing tubing. You can usually get new tubing, bottles, and suction cups from the hospital or WIC office if you get that.

• Yeah even though they are kinda expensive I would definetley go with a medela ,I had a hand one it sucked [haha!] I mean it didn't suck it was very crappy and hardly pumped at all and took forever left me swollen still from the milk.

Answer by Tayleina at 4:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I had a hand pump & I HATED it. I'm going to try to buy an electric one this time. Medela is supposed to be the best.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2008