Jenny McCarthy's son doesn't have autism

Hear the news story? After all the damage that woman has done getting gullible people afraid of vaccinating their children, turns out her kid didn't have autism even to begin with! Maybe now people will start listening to the actual science and stop believing the government is trying to get us. I mean, its fine to hold vaccines to a high standard, but the level of ignorance and paranoia she created is obscene and has hurt more than helped...or is this story put out by the pharmaceutical companies to get your money and destroy your kids, too? :P

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• oh, i would like to read that news story for my own benefit. i have followed Jenny and her son over the years and this new development sounds interesting to me. could you please post the link? TYIA. :-)
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• WOW, I'd also love to see that link. Could you please post it?
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Thanks!
    wahm_abbeyrose

• But what about the kids that do have some problem with vaccinations. My grandson DID change after he has his vacc.
    He has Aspergers and his sister got the first shot but so far will not any more. She also has some problems.

The safety of your kids come first. The doctors and pharmaceutical need to do more studies.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:08 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I never thought he did. I figured he had some kind of allergies that caused autistic like symptoms. After reading about him and her treatments, he couldn't be more different from my autistic boy.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:09 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• gammie - blame it on what ever you want. There is no medical proof that the MMR vac causes autism/aspergers. I have an autistic son and he showed signs before he ever got the vaccine.

and if the MMR vac causes autism/aspergers then why aren't there way more people in my generation and the ones before me with it?

Sure, more research is never a bad thing, but to just blame something because no one wants to be accountable for it is just plain stupid.

There is more proof that autism/aspergers is genetic
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I am so glad that this is publicized because the anti-vaccination people were endangering their own children ......whewwwww. Now maybe the babies will be safe!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• if this is what her son suffers from then I'm glad the misdiagnosis has been corrected. some people live for many years undergoing many unnecessary treatments and surgeries and sometimes death before finding out that they have been misdiagnosed.  Sometimes a disease or condition is so rare that many doctors may not have had to encounter them, ergo the misdiagnosis.  

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'm certainly not making any excuses for anything that could have been deemed unproductive in the progression of the research and awareness of Autism by Jenny McCarthy but I also cannot find fault in her doing what she considered was right for her son and getting him the needed help. She was told that her son had Autism in 2005 and she took that information and took the side that many believe - that government tested vaccinations contributed to her son's Autism. Re-tracking her views is the least she can do until research proves or unproves that theory.

Ladybugkisses76