what do you do for your depression

shorty00207450

Asked by shorty00207450 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in About CafeMom

• i try not to think too much about the negetive things. i stay positive, i listen to music tha makes me feel good, i try to figure out why im feeling the way i feel and try to find another way with dealing with it, i get with friends or treat my self out to a good day and get around other peole.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I get out of the house and go do something for someone else. It lifts my spirits every single time I do it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• true depression is prety difficult to deal with. I suffer from that on occassion and what i do is only allow it SO MUCH of my day. I force myself to keep going, keep in motion, stay on task, etc. but for say an hour each day during the depression i let it run its course. if that means hiding in bed, crying, etc. then i let it have sway. i set an alarm clock once the alarm goes off, depression has had all the time its allowed. i then get up and get on with living
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• There are two kinds of depression. One is circumstantial and one is physiological. The first one you can change the circumstances as best you can or let time heal them such as death of a loved one/ divorce, losing a job, etc. The other may need meds. Activity helps so you can walk or workout or even do chores, anything to move around. Vitamin B complex especially B 12 helps. I also take over the counter 5 htp if it gets too bad

Answer by admckenzie at 10:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• this is the key "try not to think too much about the negative things. Stay positive"(as said above)
    I always watch funny movies or shows. It is hard, but you are the only one that can shake offl.
    Also exercise like mall waking. Sound dorky but It does help.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I am on 20mg Prozac. Some days are better than others, but since getting on it I no longer have to miss engagements because I can't stop crying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I have seasonal depression. Every year I go on generic brand of Zoloft. Well this year my Dr and I talked. I really did not want to go back on meds again. So we are trying first sitting by a window for 15 to 20mins. Some days are harder then other. Because we have lots of non sunny days. But found if I sit there any way longer and just enjoy the time it does help. I am also do the treadmill for 45 min 4 to 5 times a week. It has helped. I have not been as depressed as I usually get. We also discussed getting the sun lamp. So we will see we only have a few weeks of winter really hear. So for me to not be on meds is awesome to me. First time in 7 yrs I have not been on meds.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Have some tests done. If you are low on vitamins and minerals (B, D, Iron, Magnisium) it can be a cause of your depression. Also exercising helps too.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Thinking beyond yourself. Help others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• See a therapist

Answer by rkoloms at 11:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2010