marriage

im freaking out i love him very much and i know he is the man i want to be with and i have always wanted to get married but before i was always in relationships where i knew they would eventually end and now that the marriage is coming it scares me a little i dont ever want to get divorced so when i get married i want it to be for good. its freaking me out being with the same person for the rest of my life n how do u ever really know if thats the person ur meant to be with im sure this is just a phase and ill get over it. we still have a yr and a half till the wedding so i have time to calm down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I felt the same way you did. I didn't want to get married. Because marriage for me was a one time ordeal. I have been married over a year and its still growing on me. My husband knows all of this. But it took awhile to get use to BIG time. We also have a 1 yr. old together but everyday is a different day and marriage has its ups and downs. But I can say I am happily married!

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I knew mine was the one because my intuition said yes, listen to your heart and do not worry about what might happen. You will not know for sure until you stand the test of time. You already have your views of marriage on your side. Work at it to make it work, make everyday a good day.

Answer by older at 10:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I said the same thing when I got married. That I never want to get divorced but I was with a bad person at that time. We lasted 4 years...1 1/2 years of that married.
    Now that I'm with my current SO I see him in my future for years to come and I'm happy about that part but a part of me is still scared to get married again. But I am geeting better with it every day just by telling myself that he's nothing like my ex. That he treats me and my kids with love and respect. We're just not rushing into anything until we have fully thought about it and make sure it's what we want
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Statistically speaking the odds are bad that you live happily ever after. Half of all marriages end in divorce. Maybe you are just a commitaphobic and don't want to commit. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying maybe you want to just hang with him for as long as the ride lasts without marriage. Stay engaged forever and ever if that works for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Has he hit you? has he cheated? Is he lazy? Is he verbally abusive? Does he go out a lot without you? Is he bad in bed? Are his parenst divorced? Is he a taker? Does he get fired often? Does he do alot of things that bother you? Dos he have any addictions? if you mostly said no,he is the one,if your not ready please do not waste his time,theres plenty of ladies that would love to find him and be his girl forever.
    Anonymous