Jus recently I found out..

Were having a girl. my first born was my son 2 yrs ago. i only have little boy things (cars, trucks, boy clothes, etc) do u think i should have a baby shower to get some girly things? or jus buy girly things on our own??

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had a small shower....more like a bbq celebration and ppl brought gifts, really depends on what u need if u need bigger stuff i would have one if not i just do a small get together and have ppl bring little gifts and diapers u can never have too many of those
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• If someone throws you a shower, then it's alright, but unless someone is willing to do that for you, it's not really kosher to do another one, even if the first one was thrown by you or someone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'd tell people and they can either give me girly things or they can offer to give me a shower

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I am pregnant with my 3rd. If its a boy I am having a shower (:I have 2 girls and absolutely nothing for a girl and no one to give hand me downs:) and if its a girl then I'm not.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Throw yourself a baby party (careful not to say "baby shower" lol) like a bbq or something and just invite people for a last hoorah before the baby comes. If they ask about presents, just mention your lack of girly things.
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 12:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• If someone offers to have one for you - that's great, but you shouldn't have one for yourself. I had a several showers for my 1st, and then one shower for my 4th (8 years and different friends from my 1st), but my close friends gave me presents for each of my babies when they came to visit me at home or in the hospital.

Answer by missanc at 2:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2010