Reversal therapy......

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/20/health/main6120308.shtml?tag=mncol;lst;6

The remarks made by this mans mom are incomprehensible to me. This is what religious holiness taken to extreme does.
Time and time again I see this scenario, why would you beleive that such therapy works?

Asked by older at 11:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • That is horriable. Although I don't agree with the whole gay/lesbian stuff because of religion. I would pray my children would not be gay/lesbian but should it happen, I would hope that I have raised them to be respectful of my beliefs as I would be respectful of them. I can't say I would like what they are doing but I love them too much to 'hate' them or it.

Honestly I would probably just do the whole denial thing. If I didn't see them doing it, then they are not gay/lesbian. But I hope I never have to choose...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• There are extremes out there in every religion, every culture... In case you haven't noticed, they are the minority within religion as a whole.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I love my kids no matter what choices they make, I may not always agree with the choice that is made.

I am still their momma always and forever.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• This line made me sick.
    "My mother would tell me she hated me," he said. "Once she told me she wished she had had an abortion instead of a gay son."

What kind of religious person would say that kind of thing? It's disgusting.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately I get to see these kind of parenting all the time, and it is really sad for the recepient.

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• anon,What kind of religious person would say that kind of thing? It's disgusting.

The kind that lets the religion dictate their life and the lifes of others. Things taken to extremes, seeing those parents concern for their holiness instead of their child.

Answer by older at 1:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• The kind that lets the religion dictate their life and the lifes of others. Things taken to extremes, seeing those parents concern for their holiness instead of their child.
    ----
    It's just so sad. I'm sorry, but the God I believe in wouldn't want to hear me talking like that about my own child (or anyone for that matter). I'll be He's saddened by attitudes like that. My daughter has two friends who are bi, and one who is gay. Their parents don't know, but they have told a few select friends about it. My dd told me about them because she knows I won't say anything to anyone, and also that I won't see them any differently than I do now. I hope their parents will be understanding when those kids do decide to tell them.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and I was thinking. Abortion is a bigger sin than homosexuality (one would think) because it's murder, yet she would have chose that over having a gay child? I just don't get that line of thinking. There's no holiness in that kind of thought.
    Anonymous