goin back to school

im going next fall and im really excited even though i love y kids n hubby it makes me feel like a real person i guess is the only way to describe it. going back to school like im making a bigger impact on my life and being a little more sucessful in the adult world. i didnt realize how much i liked school until i wasnt going i am 2 yrs away from my teaching degree. does this make me weird r should i just be content w bein a mommy n wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no there are lots of moms going back to school. even with being a mom and wife you need to have your own identity and your own personal time. good for you! it makes us all better moms if we can relize that taking time for ourselves doesn't make us bad moms, but actually in turn makes us BETTER moms!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Should you be content with being a mommy and wife?

When I had my oldest son in the late 70's women were being told they should have it all and have it now. There was a popular commercial on TV with a well dressed beautiful woman with a frying pan singing a song about how she could bring home the bacon and fry it up too!

I felt like a failure because I couldn't breastfeed, work full time, and go to college full time. When I quit working everyone was disappointed in me because I was only going to college full time. I had a career making twice as much as my husband that I gave up for my baby.

Women do whatever they want now. I think going to college is a great option. You can be away only a few hours a week or even take all online courses. I ended up getting two master's degrees and I have completed all my coursework for my doctorate. The most I've been away from home a semester is 6 hours a week.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My momis going back to school for the second time this fall. First time at school, she dropped out to get married and have kids. Moved some, came back, finished her Bach. of Art Ed- with four kids under the age of 6. Now we are pretty well all out of the house she is going to get her Master's in Counseling. You aren't weird; you are sending a great message to your kids that they don't have to choose one over the other, and there is no time at which you are "too old" for school.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2010