Tsunami in Hawaii ...need anyinfo !?!?!

I just got a phone call about one about to hit there.... do you know anything about it ... my brother is stationed there with the Air Force -- he was suppose to come home today but now he is stuck there.... I cant find any news talking about it

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Turn on the weather channel or hit their website - they'll have the most coverage of it because they won't need to cut away for any other news stories.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• CNN and the weather channel are talking about it. Later this afternoon it is supposed to hit there.
    Anonymous

• Its all over the news. Any news channel. There are evacuating people. Im sure he will be fine. They said it wont hit for a few hours.

Answer by gemgem at 12:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• the waves are suppost to hit around 4. they are moving ppl from the coast. the air port is closed for at least 2 hours. Your bro is probably helping evac ppl.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• The waves are supposed to be between 10 and 20 feet, and they are saying it should hit 15 hrs after the earthquake. It happened at about 3:30, so about 6:30 is when the tsunami should hit.
    Anonymous

• It is expected to hit at 11 am Hawaii time, that is 4 pm eastern time. They don't know how big it will be, it may be just a few inches or it could maybe be big. He may be helping people evacuate to higher ground, but I'm sure they will make sure he is safe.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'll bet he's helping people evacuate. They've had plenty of waring, so I'm sure it will be fine. He's military, so he's been trained to handle things like this. The Weather Channel and CNN are probably your best bets.

This might be helpful too:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100227/ap_on_re_us/quake_tsunami_8

Anonymous

• I haven't heard anything either except one friend said something in their facebook status, and now this. We have a friend who's son is going to college there, along with his g/f. So, now we're worried a bit for them, don't know what island their on or anything and his folks aren't answering their phones :S
    Anonymous