Baby Not Moving As Much As Usual

I'm 26 wks & 3 days pregnant today. Yesterday I noticed that the baby was not moving very much at all, and I haven't noticed but one or two little kicks. Definitely not as much as normal. She's normal really active- this being my first, is this something I should worry about? I tried drinking some sugary drinks and tried the chocolate bar routine, but that didn't seem to help much. Any advice is appreciated!

shelbyk

Asked by shelbyk at 12:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Space will get tighter as you go along. As long as you are feeling movement, you should be fine. My second born son barely moved at all! He was SUPER still all the time. I have never had a pregnancy like that. Of course, once he was born, he never stopped moving. He is even all over his bed in his sleep! LOL!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Sometimes the baby's position has a lot to do with how much/little movement you feel. My second would go days/weeks at a time with her back to the front, so all her kicking and flailing was on the inside, which can't be felt as much.

That being said, if you're worried, you can at least call the doc or hospital. They might be able to give you some advice other than what you've already tried, or they might go ahead and schedule an appointment just to make sure everything's ok. It probably is fine, and it's just the baby's position or a slow time, but that's what your doc is there for. Please feel free to take advantage of that, even if it's just to ease your new-mommy fears. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• well why dony you go to the doctor and tell them, there is nothign we can do for you here about it
    Anonymous

• My Dr told me sometimes they might just have a lazy day like the rest of us! =) Just call your Dr if you're really worried but I'm sure you're fine!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• go to labor and delivery and they will give you a non stress test.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2010