We have been trying since June and my husband is starting to worry. How do I reassure him?

He is concerned that there is a problem. I think that it just takes a little while, especially since we are not in our 20's anymore. He gets nervous every time I get a positive OPK. I have tried to not tell him it was positive, but he was so busy with work, we couldn't do the deed. No good.

I know that I am nervous enough anyway...trying to stay calm and without stress, but it is really hard. I don't need him stressing too. What are your experiences with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• After 2 years of trying my husband and I went to a fertility specialist. They couldn't find anything wrong, which was really frustrating! At 2 1/2 years we started Clomid and I went on 4 cycles of that. And nothing. One month before IVF, we got pregnant! I think a lot of it had to do with stress and just worrying about it constantly for us.

We tried for 4 months for our second before going on Clomid. On our cycle cycle of Clomid we got pregnant! Now I'm 7 weeks pregnant!

It's so difficult when TTC. I'd say after a year if you're still trying go to a speicalist just to see what's going on. It doesn't hurt and they'll give you some great ideas and tips! Good luck to you!!
    Anonymous

• Depending on your age, I'd get checked out after trying for 6-12 months. You both can get lab tests done to find out whether everything is ok-- check his sperm count and motility, check to make sure your eggs are good and you're producing enough each month. We waited 1 year, and had the whole work-up, and found nothing wrong. It took us 2.5 years to get pregnant without any assistance. We had tried the clomid and artificial insemination with no luck. That was as far as we were willing to go and we settled into waiting for our adoption to go through (we applied at the same time we got checked out for infertility).

This is silly, but at Christmas I was especially low, and I wrote a letter to Santa at Macys-- they had a mailbox. Turns out I was pregnant. I gave birth to our son early the following September.

I learned that sometimes it just takes a while, and in the mean time, enjoy each other.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• we've been tryins since june also. just recently i decided to start using the ovulation tests. and got a positive. i think our problem was we were doing it like alot right after my period and then i would get bored with sex and it would be like a chore to me. we did it once the day i got a pos. and havent had sex, im trying not to make it a big deal. just trying to relax. GL
    Anonymous