Lice again.

can someone tell me what to do. My stepkids have lice again. This is the 5th or 6th time this year. I am thinking it is coming from school but they are not doing anything I have complained and they say they sent everyone home with them. But they are not checking until I say something about it and let the kids come back with out rechecking them. I have put plastic covers on their bed and pillows, taken away stuffed animals, treated with rid when I see them and always condition and use hairspray,also started using coconut shampoo and adding tee tree oil. And we blow dry their hair. Wash everything in hot water and dry for more than an hour,boil brushes. What else can I do to get rid of them and keep them away! I am 25 and I have never had lice or had family have them either. I have been married since August and been dealing with them since. What else can I do to get rid of them now and to keep them from ever coming back

SuzanneL09

Asked by SuzanneL09 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• There is a new over the counter drug called Ulesfia that is supposed to be the best. I read about it on Web Md.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I am so sorry how frustrating! Has Biomom been doing all the disenfecting and what not at her house too? if they go there too then that;s very important. Also when they go to school, tightly braid the girls hair and use tons of hairspray...
    Anonymous

• ok this my sound very weird but ti was advice someone gave me when i was at my wits end trying to get read of it. Buy some baby oil and soak the kids hair in it. Put a shower cap on thier heads and let them set with the cap on their heads for a couple of hours. then comb their hair with a lice comb preferablly a metal one. Comb until there are no more lice or nits in the hair. The lice can't hol on to the oily hair and the nits are very easy to comb out. When you are done wash the hair a couple of times to get out all the oil.
    theladybugscafe

Answer by theladybugscafe at 2:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I will tell you something that I PROMISE you will work in one try. Saturate the hair with listerine mouthwash (the green kind) and put a shower cap on and leave on for a few hours, then wash and condition the hair as usual. Your hair will smell like mouthwash for a few days, but I swear to you IT WORKS!
    Anonymous

• they have been to bio mom's house a few time during this and we thought that is where they were getting it. But they have not been there in a while. I have their hair soaking in rubbing alcohol right now. Where I am the only over the counter lice stuff is the rid, generic and one other brand not the one suggested. I have tried the oil thing( I was told mineral oil and vinegar and also dawn and vinegar) it helps if you leave it oily for about a week. but that only works when they do not have school. As soon as I wash it, they come home with them the next time they are at school.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2010