how to take care of a perm

I got my first perm on wed and I have no clue about how to take care of it! She told me not to get my hair wet for 48 hours and to use the sample of shampoo and cond. she gave me but that was about it! my hair does not like to curl so i'm afraid that if I even try to comb my hair the curls will fall! Can I still put my hair in a pony tail? Sorry I grew up with two brothers and my mom was no help when it came to girl stuff.

Kimora_neko

Asked by Kimora_neko at 1:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• use a lose ponytail, nothing tight or you risk flattening the curls. use the fabric covered scrunchies instead of the rubber band type ties.

good luck! my hair does not hold curl worth a crap, got a perm once, and it was straight again after about a month! total waste of money for me !
    Anonymous

• thanks anon 1:11. I didn't pay for it but I really like my hair like this! its a really soft look. not really curly
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 1:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• they say don't get it wet for 24-48 but you should really wait longer if you can. If you get frizzy spots between now and when you do wash it, just wet your hadn a little bit and scrunch it back into place. If your hair doesn't hold curl very well you should wait about 4 days before you break down and wash it. also use a really wide toothed comb when you comb through it after you wash it and blot it dry with a towel. using mousse or gel will help hold the curls.
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 7:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2010