Found on on 02/23/2010 that i am pregnant my hcg level was 138 had them taken at 12 p.m.

went back in on 02/25/2010 at 8:30 a.m. had hcg levels taken got them back they went up to 178. They did not double. My progestrone test came back normal.. ANYONE have any insite on this. Has anyones numbers not doubled but just went up.. is this normal. I am suspected to be only 2-3 weeks along.
any sucess stories.. pleasae..
i am freaking out over thisl

doodles669

Asked by doodles669 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well mine stopped doubling but I was 6 weeks and by then it went from 9000 to 15000 in 2 days, sometimes it's normal if it doubles over days, try not to stress and just wait! I know easier said than done.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Why did they do the test? What did they say?

I would ask to have another test.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I meant in 3 days in regards to my number ^^^
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• they did the test to see how far along i am. They did not say why the numbers did not double. He said he was concerned and they was going to watch me extra close. I have another test monday. But in the mean time i am really scared. Dont know why they did not double. but the test was done less the 48 hours from each other.
    doodles669

Answer by doodles669 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• well, candy corn
    Anonymous

• good luckI bet on Monay you'll be fine! Justt think fertile thoughts!

marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Remember, lab results aren't perfect. You don't always get the same result for the same sample. If you haven't had any fertility problems or miscarriages there is no reason to think anything is wrong. I agree with think fertile thoughts!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• i have had a miscarriage.. i was 13 weeks along and had one.. just out of the blue... no hint that i was going to or anything...that was back in august.. this is why i am so scared..

i am thinking fertile thought...LOTS OF THEM..

thank you to all
    doodles669

Answer by doodles669 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I had my levels checked at 5+ weeks. My levels didn't double either, they just went up. 700 then 1200. Since they were low for how far I was, plus they didn't double, my OB sent me for an ultrasound, but everything measured fine. I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant now and baby is still doing great, so try not to stress too much over those numbers. Do you know what your second hcg level was?
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:25 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• I had HCG issues in the beginning of this pregnancy and my doc said that the numbers are more likely to double every 72 hours, not 48. My numbers never doubled, but baby is still fine months later. The ranges vary so much in hcg, you're usually fine as long as the numbers are going up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2010