What do you know about Buddism?

Im stuck with an assignment. Stuff on traditions, rituals, and the eightfold would be great Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• heck if i know
    Anonymous

• I work with 2 couples who are Buddhists. I havent gathered much, because Im a new employee, but from what I can tell they like buddah statues for luck. There are different statues say for love, luck , money, etc. I think they light candles for their dead and pray to them, like in ancestory worship. Im not 100% sure but hope this helps. That is what I know.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I dont know much so I'm not claiming to be an authority on the subject... but its a complex religion. Try reading through this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddism . That should give you a little bit better of an understanding.
    Lydiasmamma

Answer by Lydiasmamma at 2:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• There's a member on here named Freela, she's a Buddhist. I'm not sure which form of Buddhism she follows, but maybe she'll see this and give you a good answer. Maybe you could PM her? Or try BeliefNet.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Buddhism

Anonymous

• Here is all the basic information...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/103652/forums/read/8923444/The_Basics_of_Buddhism

Good Luck with your assignment!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Siddhartha Gautama was the buddha. he was a prince, that was sheltered from the sufferings of life by his father, who left his family after seeing four sights that disturbed him. An old man, a sick person, a corpse, and an ascetic. he started his search for the release from the wheel of rebirth. he suffered greatly eating little and always meditating in painful poses thinking that suffering would bring him enlightenment, but he almost died, and it brought no release to him. then he fount the 8fold path or the in between suffering and paths. of course this is just a general overview there is much more to it lol oh and a pretty cool part is some people believe that his mother became pregnant in a dream when an elephant had a lotus flower in its trunk and touched it to her belly.
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Tiger Woods is one, How is that working for ya?(Dr. Phil)!lol
    Anonymous

• "Tiger Woods is one, How is that working for ya?(Dr. Phil)!lol "

Maybe you should shut off the idiot box and educate yourself a little bit.
    Anonymous

----
    And how's being a hypocritical Christian asshole working for YOU?
    Anonymous