Blue Cross/Pregnacy coverage

Does anyone know how much blue cross blue shield covers for a pregnancy??

danielleaube

Asked by danielleaube at 1:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It really all depends on the plan you have. This is actually what I do daily for pregnant women at the hospital. The best way to know is to look at the back of your card for member services and they can tell you all the details you need to know. More than likely you will have a deductible then coins until you meet your out of pocket cost. Sometimes baby is included with mom during the time of delivery and then again baby can have their own deductible completely. But the sooner you know then sooner you can make payments and be prepared. The other thing I wanted to tell you is that providers have contracts with BCBS and for example ours is 47%. So you would subtract that percentage and then figure out your benefits. Hopefuly this helped!
    TJD22

Answer by TJD22 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2010

• no i dont im sure,habe you google this?
    Anonymous

• really are you that bored here, ms. candy corn???

to the op: I'm not sure. I have it and honestly I am just not sure... guess I should know things like that. lol
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I have googled and have not found any helpful info. Thanks for trying!

Except for you candy corn... immature....
    danielleaube

Answer by danielleaube at 2:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Each policy is different. You should have gotten a handbook that tells you.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Gailll's right, if you can't find a handbook at home then whether you're employed or you partner is go to your Human Resources Deartment to get that info and to log on and read your coverage.

We have bcbs and there are tons of dif policies unique to each employee's company of employment.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I have BC/BS and for my plan they don't cover homebirth at all. They cover hospital birth with an OB or FCP to 80%, minus my $1050 deductible (which comes out to about exactly the cost of a homebirth for me lol).

You can always call the company and ask. The number is on the back of your card.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• It depends which plan your employer or you choose. You should be able to log on to the BC/BS website and you need to look up blue cross for your state since each state has their own website, then go into the members area and on mine i was able to pull up our info using the goup and Id numbers from our insurance card. We also have a local office that I can go to when i have questions.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• depends what state you have it from.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2010