Rice enriched formula....

Today my boyfriend to pick up formula, we usually get the Enfamil for fussiness and gas but they were out so he brought home the AR enriched with rice starch for spit up...now we have had issues with spit up, but I was wondering if this would be safe for a 2 month old? I tried a little with no obvious upset and very small amount of spit up, but still something inside wants me to make sure this is safe for my baby and a well reviewed formula. I was thinking also of trying 50/50 on the formulas as to not use so much of the rice starch formula but some to help with spit up.

JennaJ721

Asked by JennaJ721 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• great idea! I can see your IQ must be very high...
    JennaJ721

Answer by JennaJ721 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'm not a fan. Babies spit up, and nowadays "all" babies have a problem with spit up. If he was doing fine on regular formula, I'd stick to that.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• well it has actually been a concern, large amounts of spit up and sometimes out of his nose and him getting upset, but in a couple of days he has his appointment and i was going to ask about gastric reflux.
    JennaJ721

Answer by JennaJ721 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I don't understand the answer to your own question. I see you haven't gotten any answers.

I think formula questions should be handled by doctors. In most countries moms need a rx for formula.

It's best not to give rice until 4 month so I would worry about that and send bf out to get the right stuff. You could call Mon. about the rice formula.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• its rice starch not actualrice cereal but i called the nurse line and they said it should be fine
    JennaJ721

Answer by JennaJ721 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My 1 year old started to use the AR because he had acid reflux when he was 2-3 months. It was a god send.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2010