baby cavity???

so this is probably really silly..but my 8 month old has this gray dot on the front of one of her bottom front teeth. it has me really worried. is it a cavity? in an 8 month old? on the front of a tooth? maybe i'm just being paranoid. my bf says he cannot see it..but it is def there.

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 3:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you're actually supposed to try and get them to a dentist when the 1st tooth erupts. I know that seems crazy, but the recommendations from the AAP is dentist by 6mos, & eye doctor by 1st birthday.

Make sure you find a PEDIATRIC dentist.... at least for the 1st visit to see if it's truly a cavity. a regular dentist really truly is NOT the same.... the pediatric ones have up to two years extra training on things like keeping babies from crying and freaking out, and how to see in their mouths without scaring or hurting them.

good luck!!!!!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• If you are concerned, take her to a pediatric dentist. Do you brush her teeth twice a day?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I didn't know they saw patients that young. She barely lets me in her mouth..lol. I just started brushing her teeth with that little rubber finger thing. She's only got 2.5 teeth so far.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 3:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Yeah take her to the Dentist they will see her as long as she has 1 thooth.lol. They'll probably just take a look at it and tell you what the stain is.
    Anonymous

• I am definitely going to make her an appointment, then! Thanks soo much!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 3:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2010