i need advice!!

my best friend is a first time mom her baby is just now a month old she is already trying to feed her apple juice and rice cereal and baby food....what can that do to the baby...and what should i tell her i already told her to stop cuz its bad for her

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• shes the mom,shes needs to learn on her own,its so annoying to have moms tell you how to do things,if shes wrong or not isnt the point,unless shes feeding the baby poison stay out of it.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• she going to kill the baby. At that age, babies should be only drinking milk. OMG! tell her to stop it rite now.
    Anonymous

• OH HUSH! i fed my baby gerber apple juice at 4 weeks, shes 10 living well now. you will be amazed what babies can eat and drink. geez!
    Anonymous

• An infant who does not get proper nutrition can become brain damaged. The child is also now at a high risk for food allergies. The mother is incredibly ignorant and should not be allowed to care for this child with getting educated.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• She could kill the baby. It is hurting the baby and the baby could have lifelong problems. Print out info from the internet or get other info to give to her. If she isn't going to stop report her to cps.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• she is not gonna kill the baby,shes gonna upset her stomach and she'll have to deal with that and call the doctor and then he'll put her in her place,let her be she needs to learn
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I heard of a situation where there were vegan parents who only fed their baby apple juice, no formula and no breast milk. The baby died, such a sad, disgusting story that could have been avoided.
    If I were you, I'd go buy a baby book for first time mothers and give it to her as a gift. Hopefully she'll look through it and find out what works best for babies. Good luck on encouraging her kindly in the right direction!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 3:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• She is the mom, at a month old my doctor TOLD me to give my son rice cereal, so maybe her doc told her to. I know it's not always wise to listen to doctors, and I'm not saying it's good to give a 1 month old rice cereal. I'm just saying she is mommy, she isn't doing anything illegal, and if you say anything at ALL, just politely tell her the risks.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 3:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• IT WILL NOT KILL THE BABY! i know so many people who feed there under 2 month olds food and such..
    Anonymous

• tell her your going to report her to DCF babies stomachs arent ready for anything more then breastmilk or formula at that age and she can do serious harm to the childs intestines just because shes a first time mom doesnt give her a excuse to be stupid everyone with children was a first time mom at one point doesnt mean they do stupid things im a first time mom and i didnt start my ds on food that early she needs to brighten up or have the child taken because she obviously doesnt know what shes doing
    Anonymous