why cant my parents be here for me and forget my past?

My parents have done so much to me that really hurt me later on in my life and i was able to forgive them! ive neverr really did anything that was so bad that i couldnt be forgiven for but they cant let my past go nor can they let me forget it. There always will to help everyone else in the family but not me and i just cant figure out why? I can lpromise you i never didnt anything really bad the worst i did was drop out of college because i wasnt learning what i neeeded to and i beg to come home and they rufused to listen to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry.

Sometimes families can be toxic and the best thing is to distance ourselves from them. Sometimes thay have drug, alcohol or psychiatric problems that aren't going to go away.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• i didnt choose to not go to college!!!! i begged them to allow me to go to another college and they wouldnt because thats were my older sister was going by her own choice!! I was not allowed to pick! so i quite going to one an dmoved into my own apartment close to the college. They told me if i moved close to home then they wouldnt put me back through school and they never did!
    Anonymous

• You should have never wasted your parents money by going to that particular college if you felt that to begining with. Looks like you're on your own now.
    Anonymous

• my parents forced me to go!!! i had no say so in it!!!!! i went the fist year and reaslized that it was not the college for me and told my parents that several times and they WOULDNT LISTEN to me!!!! They wasted there money because they wouldnt listen to me!!! I cant believe that you would say that!!!
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem with my parents when I went to college. They paid for the school which I hated and they refused to let me switch. I eventually went probation because of my grades and my parents said they would no longer pay for me to go once I started back up again. I took a year off and went back to a school I wanted to go to and paid for my education myself. If you want to go to school, go, if you don't then don't and either way leave your parents out of it and don't discuss it with them. Maybe you should write a letter to them explaining how you feel and telling them to either drop it or you will distance yourself from them. Then they can decide if they want to hold this against you forever or have thier daughter in their life. Good Luck!
    Anonymous