Drinking tea

My 20 months old toddlers has been drinking my tea. Everytime I leave my tea, he goes and drinks it. Is small amout of tea can be harmful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it has caffiene it can be dangerous. A small child's liver can't process caffiene well and it can become toxic. Keep your tea where your little one can't reach it or switch to decaf or water.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Caffeine is the problem. You need to keep your glass up where he can't get it when you are not in the room. I personally started making decaf for my kids so they could have their own "special" tea and I still had mine.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• the caffeine isn't good for them, but even if it's decaf, tea still contains tannins that can and will stain his teeth

Answer by missanc at 5:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I was raised on iced tea. It's the "house wine of the South". I turned out okay, according to my mom.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2010