all these tragic events around the world do you belive the world is coming to an end soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• umm yeah,shoot we keep having earthquakes here.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• it's the sign of the times, i'm so going to church tomorrow
    Anonymous

• NO! There are natural disasters all over the world all the time, many of which you don't even notice. I believe this is just bad luck and the disasters are just ones we see and notice. It is sad but maybe if you look at it in a lesson learned kind of way, maybe they are to bring people together to help in a common goal kind of way. . . maybe not, but I don't think this is the beginning of the end. In every generation there is some sort of big scare with impending doom and Armageddon. . . it doesn't make it so, and we are all still here. When the dead walk with the living is when I say it is time to throw in the towel and admit defeat.
    Anonymous

• i really belive something really big is coming soon
    Anonymous

• Maybe as we know it. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 4:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Um...no.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• i agree with Anonymous 4:47 when i see the dead start walking with the living thats when its time to throw in the towel and admit defeat
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 5:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I doubt going to church will help if it's the end of the world.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Nope.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• No. Natural Disasters have always been a part of life. In fact we have proof of earthquakes that happened MILLIONS of years ago. So the idea that earthquakes foretell the end is just a ridiculous notion.

Even if I believed the end was coming, there is no possible way I would think earthquakes would foretell it. I can understand the ideas surrounding the idea that God will destroy the earth due to the evil on it (I don't agree, but I understand it) However, seeing as how the earth itself is not a living being by definition of these same belief systems (which have these beliefs) it doesn't make any sense that evil in the world or bad actions of the people on the earth would cause more earthquakes... A build up of pressure between tectonic plates causes quakes, not a build up of bad energy or bad actions of people, or even evil demonic forces... Just nature at work as it always has been.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2010