Crappy Hair from well water...What can I do?

My hair was great when I was in Louisiana but after moving to NC it slowly but surely became a tragic mess. Its DRY, very difficult to style, not shiny like it used to and just ugly. Ive tried ION well water shampoo and I think it made it even worse if thats possible. What can I do???

tracie_alane

Asked by tracie_alane at 4:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Your best bet is to ask a local hair dresser. I too am in NC, but we don't have well water...instead we have very, very soft water. I know that well water tends to be harder and you might have to look at some of the extra conditioners like Aussie's 3-minute Miracle or Infinium 24 (I think that's right) leave in conditioners.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Mayonnaise. Not even joking.
    Anonymous

• Anything you do to temporarily fix your hair will only be undone by the bad water. My suggestion is look at getting water softener since it sounds like the problems I had before we got ours. Mayonnaise is great and so is Infusium, but in the long run the water softener would be less expensive. Hard water does not soap up as well in the washing machine so you will find your clothes not getting as clean or you need to use more detergent to get them clean and the same with the dishes.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'll go with Aeneva's idea , that sounds about right to me.gl ;0
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2010

• It's going to be a process. Start by getting a good reparative conditioner, I suggest Joico's K-Pak line. Use the shampoo, conditioner and treatment. Do not blow dry or flat iron until your hair is in better condition. Also, you can use Enjoy's hair and skin treatment oil. Rub it in while damp and let your hair air dry.
    Anonymous

• Maybe try washing your hair with a different water. My parents have hard water and I buy bottles of Evian and wash my hair when we are at their house. I hate the way hard water makes my hair feel.
    Anonymous