Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

m.i.l & drugs, i need help!!!

my mother in law, is just too much! she has been in and out of drugs for the past 20 years. also in and out of rehabs!
the last time she was in a rehab was 2 months ago, she came out after 28 being there! she tolds us that the program only lasted 28 days, she had no where to go so we took her in! about a week 1/2 i started noticing her acting hyper! in and out of the house, the point is she back on DRUGS!
i have a 2 year old son, thats really nosy, what ever he finds he still puts in he's mouth! im scared for the safety of my son! i really dont want to hurt my husband by telling him he needs to kick out his mother because she back into drugs, this will hurt him alooooot.BUT i need her OUTT!!!!

QUESTION!!!!!!!-----how can i tell her, or give her clue that she needs to leave, and would it be just too mean if i call up a shelter for her!
please ladies im not a mean person but when it comes to my son safety i need to be.


Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • IMO......
    You and him, need to TALK then BOTH of you need to talk to HER.
    This prevents any, She said- He said...and YOU ALL ARE ON THE SAME PAGE.

    Child's safety, comes first....HUBBY, needs to see that also.

    Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

  • RENAISSANCE MALIBU is internationally recognized as The Premier Holistic Residential Healing Center with a program designed to identify and heal drug and alcohol addiction, co-dependency, co-occurring disorders and trauma. Our two beautiful facilities are private, safe and serene: one nestled in the tranquil hills of Malibu, the other directly on the picturesque sun-swept beach.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

  • I think you should sit down with her and tell her your concerns. Tell her that as long as she is doing drugs, she can not stay with you because of your son.

    Answer by momov4kids at 5:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

  • You need to tell your hubby your concerns. If he defends his mother then you need to find some place else for you and your son to stay, like at your moms, or a friends house, until your hubby gets the balls to kick his mother out. Tell him as long as his mother is there with her drugs then you and your son will not be.

    Answer by AmberBrat at 6:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

  • Your right to be concerned about you sons safety as well as your own. If you believe she is on hard drugs/alcohol she's needs to go back to rehab. What your dh is doing is enabling which actually hurts an addict more. I've had friends and families with these kinds of problems before. Feel free to message me anytime I hope everything gets better.

    Answer by jilliank1109 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2010