Do you believe in global warming? why or why not?

i've heard that a lot of Christians don't believe in global warming because the Bible says "The Lord will provide"...it do believe this as a true statement but why would that verse make people not believe in global warming even when it is scientifically proven to be real...please enlighten me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, it was all based on a lie. There is no REAL evidence of global warming.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 5:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• It is a fact, not a theory. Global warming is a measurable process that is already underway. Temperature changes, alterations in rainfall patterns, and an increased frequency of storms are occurring and being measured around the world as we speak. The evidence against global warming is not convincing in light of the effects we are witnessing already.

Warming is destroying ecosystems worldwide that you and other people depend on, according to a highly detailed new study conducted by scientists at the Goddard Space Institute. The study found a trend of change all over planet Earth, including the "timing of plant flowering, bird nesting, ice melting, salmon migration and pollen release; declines in populations of polar bears, krill and penguins; and increased growth of Siberian pines and cool-water ocean plankton. This extensive study adds to the already voluminous evidence that global warming is real!

Anonymous

• its a theory
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I still don't believe in it, I believe the Earth goes through warming and cooling cycles. I have not come across any reputable sources on global warming that hasn't said it was not based on lies.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 5:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• The earth naturally changes. Has been since before man. Humans may or may not play some part in changes that occur, but the global warming freaks who are willing to tax people/businesses in order to cater to special interest groups are profiting off of scaring people...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• It's a fact. Over the last century the Earth warmed 0.5 degree per decade. Over 100 years that is 5 degrees. All scientists agree the Earth has warmed.

What there is disagreement about is how much of the warming is due to human activity and how much is natural warming. To say you don't believe in global warming would show to others how little you know about the topic.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Nope...We had chances of snow about 6 times in South Louisiana this year! I've never witnessed this much coldness in my life LOL therefore I think Global Warming is a bunch of crap! Before the last 5ish years the last time I seen snow was in '89. I was 2 so I only know it's snowed from pictures!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry, I worded that wrong. If you read my next sentence, you'll see that I do believe in the Earth going through warming and cooling changes. I don't believe it is going to continue to forever get warm. It goes through cycles.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 5:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• If the Earth was really warming that much we wouldn't have 90 inches of snow in one season!
    Anonymous

• t's a fact. Over the last century the Earth warmed 0.5 degree per decade. Over 100 years that is 5 degrees. All scientists agree the Earth has warmed.

Why do you not mention that none of that warming occurred in the last decade and that we are, in fact, about to enter a cooling phase. There is no such thing as global warming. There is a global climate cycle, sometimes it's moving up, sometimes it's moving down, sometimes it's holding steady. That's why they call it a CYCLE. Just because you never bothered to pay attention except for the part where it was in a warming phase of the cycle, doesn't mean it's the only phase of the cycle.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2010