sleeping alot

My son is 14 months old and today he took a 4 hour nap from 12-4 and then was up for about 2 hours and went back to sleep. Is this normal??? I know that he is teething but he has never really slept for this long of a time at any given moment.

TylersMom122208

Asked by TylersMom122208 at 6:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He might not be feeling well, if he does this very often it might be an issue but let it go.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Maybe fighting something off? Savannah is 17 months and has slept like that a few times over the past 3 months or so. It would just happen for a day or 2 then she would be fine again. And she actually did it last time right after a tooth popped through (she tends to not sleep right before they pop through). Good luck! I hope he sleeps tonight for you. lol
    HeatherMQ

Answer by HeatherMQ at 6:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Lucky you! It's great when they take those long naps. He may be doing a lot of growing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Until my son was 20 months he slept for 18-20 hours in a 24 hour period. We never really found out why though. But it could be b/c of the teething that yours is sleeping more.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 8:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2010