Yikes! My One year old has Green mucusy poo?

Just canged her diaper and there was mucusy bright pea green poo (completely green, no mix). What does that mean? Shes had a runny nose, but nothing major. Has anyone else experienced this?!? I'm a little freaked out... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you very much for your help!
♥God bless you all♥
Elizabeth

ChristianMamaO3

Asked by ChristianMamaO3 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2010 in Health

• my youngest when she was in diapers she use to get green poo a lot even now at 2 she still gets green poo sometimes I heard it may be something that they eat and she use to get the mucus poo a lot too the nurse told me that sometimes if they have runny noses it can make there poo like that cause the mucus has to go somewhere right? But if you are concerned I wouldn't take a chance call the dr and see what they tell you. But they might tell you it is from the runny nose. Hope she feels better.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• That is a sign of an infection, so you need to take her to the doctor or urgent care right away before it gets worse.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I would call her after hours dr number stat myself. just saying
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• OMG please don't listen to the first person. Geez people freak out on here.

Did she just get over a stomach virus or start dairy recently ?
    Anonymous

• Has she eaten anything new? Even a new fruit, something that's not even green. If she's eating okay, and doesn't seem uncomfortable, I'd just watch her and see how she does over the next few hours. I remember my husband remarking about my son's "goose ca-ca" which sounds similar to what you are describing.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• once mine got over being sick he got the mucus poop
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I was trying to think of what she had eaten that would have been new.. I remember seeing seseme seeds in there (sorry yuck, but its relivant) and that reminded me we went to costco yesterday, she and her sisters all had a sample of one cheese flavored seseme cracker. The bm my one year old had that was green was smaller than normal.. then just now my two year old came to show me hers and she had about the same amount of green,but mixed with normal bm color... I'm thinking its the cracker.. does that mean seseme alleregy?Or milk allergy because of the cheese flavor? (shes had whole milk before and done fine though) I had one also and im fine so i know it wasn't spoiled... maybe just how that type of cracker digests? My oldest is allergic to peanuts, but she gets the anifelactic shock(cant spell it, but thats when the breathing stops, and her face contorts), and we have an epi-pen, what is seseme alergy like?
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• LOL.....
    DID SHE EAT ANYTHING BLUE?????? Seriously....yoghurt, or ice cream?
    Anonymous